Sunday 18 November 2007

Thank You....

A KDrama Review....

Well I had been adding few drama reviews and it's all Jdrama. I haven't done any review on KDrama. Haven't been watching any new KDrama though, so I had no other choice but to put
in past reviews that I had written in my Friendster Account. So here goes...

FYI, the title post wasn't about expressing my gratitude but it's actuall
y the title for KDrama show that was starred by Jang Hyuk (but I do appreciate those ppl who spent time reading my blog. So, I THANK YOU for the bottom of my heart). 'Thank You' is Jang Hyuk 1st drama soon after he finished his 2 years stint in Korean National Service. His comeback was long over due and a lot of people have been painfully waiting for his new drama. The anticipation was high for this drama due to the highly successful projects from Jang Hyuk. Famously named, the hilarious 'Successful story of a bright girl', 'Please teach me English' and the teary-eyed 'Windstruck'.

The story goes.... Jang Hyuk played as Dr. Min Ki Seo. He travelled to Blue Island to fulfill his deceased girlfriend's last wish. That is to find a little girl that was infected by HIV due to her mistaken medical decision. She had neglected medical procedures when treating the little girl and had given her HIV tainted blood. His task was to deliver her apology to the little girl and her family. The mother to the little girl happens to be Lee Young Shin (played by Gong Hyo Jin), a single mom, who also had a hard time caring for her grandfather who has Alzeimer's and keeping her daughter's HIV condition a secret while teaching her how to live with it. Min Ki Seo was an arrogant person who looked down on people and after meeting Lee Young Shin who accepted her fate and tried to make the best of it despite all odds, slowly changed for the better and became a warm and caring person.

This drama try to expose viewers with the reality of life for HIV and AIDS patients. Showing how people would react towards them, the family bond that bind the patients and their family and also how they coped with the harsh treatments from prejudice and ignorant people. The show had some educational facts for HIV and AIDS and this is also a good way to convey info to the public on the topic.

I love watching this drama due to the quality of acting from both of the actors and actresses, the lovely scenery of Blue Island and beautifully crafted soundtracks. And as I've mentioned before this is Jang Hyuk 1st drama after finishing his 2 yrs stint in the Korean National Service, just wanna highlight that the trainings does give him some erm..... hehehe.... good side effects. You'll know what I mean when you watch the show. Let me give you a hint. 'Shower scene'. Hehehe....if you want to know what is it all about, I guess you guys just have to watch it and find out for yourselves then.

Jang Hyuk's acting skills had improved a lot since his project with Jang Nara. From comedy to sad story and to serious human drama. It is surely a big leap of improve
ment. Can't wait for his new drama coming this December named 'Robber' and he's going to pair up with Lee Da Hae of 'My Girl' and "Green Rose' fame. Make me curious about the actor and actress pairing. Just have to wait and see, I guess. Oh....not forgetting his new movie, Dance of the Dragon. He's acting along with Fann Wong, a Singaporean actress. If I'm not mistaken... (O_o) ?!.... The movie said to be 90% in English. Wonder how Jang Hyuk gonna sound. The movie is also said to be released early next year. So, Jang Hyuk's fans, you all have a lot to wait for.

BTW, Jang Hyuk had some facial hair this time around and honestly to me, guys with a slight facial hair are sooooooooo......... HAWT.... So that is a sure thing for Jang Hyuk in 'Thank You'. He's so totally H.O.T..... (^_^) v

0 comments:

Custom Search
hit counter

Things I Crapped About...

Twittery....

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    ShoutOut!!!


    Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix