Thursday 20 December 2007

Bad Couple

KDrama Review....

I've just finishing watching Bad Couple. A KDrama that was recommended to me by a friend since I haven't watch any KDrama lately. Well by trusting her judgment I went on watching it. My early impression of the drama. Herm....not bad. But later after progressing a few episodes, I concluded that Bad Couple was severely underrated since it didn't get its deserving publicity.


This drama is all about a single career woman named Kim Dang Ja played by Shin Eun Gyung, suddenly having the urge to have a baby of her own but she doesn't want marriage just the baby. So she went on 'sperm hunting' since Korea doesn't allow single women to have test tube babies. Dang Ja set her eyes on only the best genes. She finally found what she wanted from a botanist cum university professor named Choi Gi Chan played by Ryu Soo Young. But unlike man nowadays, Gi Chan only believe in sex after marriage. The drama tells about the hilarious ways done by Dang Ja in getting Gi Chan to do it without the commitment .

IMO, this drama didn't really appeal to a lot of people maybe due to the casts. Honestly I only recognized Ryu Soo Young. I first came to know him from 'Bright Girl' drama. He acted as Han Jun Tae, opposite Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara. Then I stumble upon him again in 18 vs 29. I love both of the dramas.

Dang Ja was played by Shin Eun Gyung, which relatively unknown to me. I didn't have any expectation from her since I've never watch her acted before and boy... was I suprised. She carries the character really well and that's one of the reason I was glued to this drama until the end. Well after googling about Shin Eun Gyung, I found out that, this drama was her comeback to the small screen after 8 years. Duh... No wonder I didn't know about her since I mostly watch Kdramas compared to KMovies.

Another actor that caught my eyes was Seo Jun Soo character played by Yoo Gun a.ka. U Gun. He was casted when Suh Ji Suk couldn't join the casts. U Gun's kinda cute to me but he still need a lot of improvement in his acting and I'm looking forward in seeing him again in the future.

This drama not only about putting big smiles on your face or hilarious acts, it also have the same amount of tear jerker in it. I think that is why it is so underrated, people don't know that it is such a multi-emotional drama. The drama is always a bit of smile, a dash of laughter and a pinch of teary-eye here and there. I believe that this is a good drama to watch. And a lot of people would love it also. Of btw you can watch it here. MySoju.

My version of the perfect genes...... Alex Wang Lee Hom!!! (>_<) (^_^) v

0 comments:

Custom Search
hit counter

Things I Crapped About...

Twittery....

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    ShoutOut!!!


    Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix